Classroom Resources

Friday, April 20, 2018

Friday 04/20 Writing - Taking Stock and Setting Writing Goals

Purpose: As an argument writer, I can take stock of my research-based argument essay and set goals for myself.
  1. Connection:  Deadlines
  2. Teaching:   Today I want to teach you that as any writer moves toward a deadline, the writer evaluates their draft often, making sure the draft is coming along and making sure to leave time for significant revision as needed.
  3. Engagement:  Taking Stock
    • Have I added in my quotes?
    • Have I added my thinking to my evidence?
    • Have I tried out an introduction or conclusion?
    • Have I been writing?
    • What do I still need to accomplish to make my research-based argument essay strong?
  4. Next Steps: Continue reworking your argument draft.
    • Add powerful quotes to strengthen your argument.
    • Gather and rewrite evidence in your own words.
    • Explicitly connect your reasons to your evidence: don't make your readers infer!
    • Continually ask yourself, "What are you trying to teach/show/make your reader believe?"

No comments:

Post a Comment